Fashion in Weddings


A.H.P. Photography
Josh and Betsy's Wedding, Jackson TN 2009

Clients come to me with wedding magazine pages that represent their style and tastes. I love it! It's one of my favorite parts of that initial meeting. A few years ago it came to me that my clients, with out them even knowing it, were bringing me pictures of their wardrobes. What I mean by that is...their vision of what they wanted their wedding to be was very much like the clothes in their closets. Now, I can't quite visualize their entire wardrobe in that one meeting, but I am pretty good!

This revelation for me was ever so clear when one of my favorite clients, who is a manager of a designer clothing store in the Green Hills, came to me without a clear idea on her color scheme for her wedding. She knew she wanted yellow and hesitated on what to pair it with. It was a newly released page from the her designer's upcoming fashions that "talked" her into it. The combination that she chose ended up being the hottest combo in fashion for that next season! We used platinum, yellow, with purple accents to create her modern/southern themed wedding! I love that sleek combination and it suited the Bride and Groom perfectly! She is swallowed up in an industry that is so cutting edge and yet she didn't see how much it truly influenced her.


Keoni K Photography
Arnett and Katie's Wedding Nashville 2009

I love experiencing the different tastes my clients bring to the table. That for me, is one of the best things about this job. I think I live vicariously through them when it comes to design because otherwise my house would be redecorated every other month! I get to experience the J. Crew bride, the BCBG Bride, the Anthropology Bride, yes, even the Wal-Mart Bride. It takes all kinds to make the wedding world spin. I love them all! What's your style?

0 comments: