Butterfly Parties

butterfly_party

Each girl had their very own butterfly birthday cake and custom made party hat!


It has been two years since I designed my daughter's 2year birthday party and since that time I have seen the butterfly theme take off! One of my sweet friends, Jennifer Neal Milam with Reveal Event Style, recently married and it was a theme for her wedding. Martha Stewart Weddings did a feature on the theme and even in the fashion world it has taken over. With my daughter's party, I used simple tricks to pull it all together and stay with in a budget. I did the floral designs myself in aluminum butterfly containers I already owned. I purchased fabric from a store to create a table cloth. I also rented small table and chairs that were inexpensive, but appreciated by the little ones who sat in them. The chairs were made of plastic, but I adorned each chair with a sparkling butterfly to dress them up. The Dollar Store was my best friend for the favors! I wanted to share with you why the butterfly theme suites girls old and young alike and could be your next party or wedding theme!


butterfly_party2I hung g white draping, butterflies and silk lanterns from the underside of our deck


butterflyparty3 I handmade butterfly wings for each girl

  • They are usually featured with brilliant colors in many shades. This helps you to have versatility with your color theme. I have also used them in beautiful fall colors on my own dinning table at home.
  • butterflyparty4The favor station included lollipops with custom tags and butterfly purses filled with treats!

    butterflywedding

  • Some shimmer can be used to bring a little "bling" to the delicate design of the butterfly. I dressed my daughters up with glitter and jewels purchased from Michael's.



  • If you have ever visited the butterfly sanctuary at the Chattanooga Aquarium, you'll see why I think adults and children are suited for this theme! Everyones faces are excited and amazed by the many different colors and the harmless appeal they have.



  • Birthday girl could hardly wait to eat her cake!

  • Many pre-made products are out there to select from including: invitations, paper goods, toys, clothing, etc. I used a napkin pattern I found to inspire everything else about the party, including the invitation designs done by Southall Eden Paperie.



Celebrating with sweet friends is always a good party!

0 comments: