Fall Decor and Autumn Delights!


Autumn delights are approaching in the wedding and event world! September through November is now one of the most popular times to be married in Nashville. Being married under a Southern Sky in September is spectacular, if I do say so myself. (My anniversary is September 9th) Yes, I do blog mostly about the wedding world I live with in and love it but I also want to share some of the most amazing events I have had the privilege of being a part of. One of those events is perfect to share with you this time of year. It brings the warmth and elegance of the fall to a whole new level. No pumpkin patches here!

Sandy Knox (a well known and very talented songwriter)turned 50 in a way that I can only hope to celebrate. Sandy wanted a celebration of LIVING not life....she has survived colon cancer and a severe heart attack. Her home was the perfect setting for a soiree' with dear friends and her sweet, sweet mother. This party was not only a pleasure to plan and design, but one of my favorites to "attend". Hearing such kind words during the open toasts and the laughter from Sandy (along with tears) made me so proud to be a part of a CELEBRATION OF LIVING!

Design Details: Mirrors were used through out the inside of the tent and outside on Sandy's Lani to honor a mirror Sandy created with her grandmother's heirloom jewelry that had been passed down. The mirror hangs in Sandy's Dining Room and is stunning. I had to mimic it in design..



Sandy's father was a lapidaries (someone who studies rocks) and Village of Flowers incorporated pebbles into the table top arrangements along with white roses which Sandy's father also tended. Orchids and jewels topped off beautiful copper cased arrangements. White is a beautiful pop of color against the warm tones.
The show stopper was a 16x16 chandelier that I had designed and asked my friend to help create. Ellen Summers is a wonderful artist and prop designer. She helped me cut down the branches from a trimmed tree at a Brentwood residence and then take 3 truck loads back to her studio! They were then painted and I purchased 500 crystals that we hung by hand to create an organic chandelier that played beautifully against the lights in the tent. Nashville Event Lighting helped me create a warm glow of sunset by a triple layer gel. The branches of the chandelier were hung one by one as to create the perfect form.

I hope this can serve as inspiration to you and your event or wedding plans for the fall season! Rustic elements gleamed from nature will help to create the perfect fall affair! Happy Planning!
Rentals/Tent- Liberty Party Rental
catering- Chef's Market

2 comments:

GrayPhotography - Zach and Jody said...

oooh la la! Look at your blogging, girl! :) Looking forward to seeing you Tuesday! - Z&J

Premier WED said...

Hey! Great to see you last night!